Sunday, September 19, 2010

2011 Anthony Ford Pond Hockey Tournament

January 22, 2011 is the date that has been set for the 2011 Anthony Ford pond hockey tournament. Due to the unforeseen weather we had last year(rain in January), January 29 will be the back-up date if the original date is postponed.

We like to thank everyone for their patience last year, who would have known we would have rain in January. However, the next week, thanks to our committee, volunteers, Mother Nature and our participants the tournament was very successful. Thanks to all involved, we raised $7,300 for youth hockey scholarships for underprivileged in the Mankato area, $7,300 also went to the Therapeutic Advances in Childhood Leukemia(TACL) for research to find a cure for the kind of cancer Anthony had. We also have the same amount dedicated for future hockey needs that will improve youth hockey in the Mankato area.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating the site with the date of your tournament. I hope you don't mind that I've updated my pond hockey tournament listing with your event. (The listing can be found here: http://bit.ly/cR2YV5)

    If it's ok, I'd also like to do a story on Anthony and his event. I have a four-year-old son who loves hockey, and reading your story brought tears to my eyes. I want to share your story with my readers and hopefully raise awareness of the event and the TACL.

    Please email me if you are interested.

    Joe
    joe@backyard-hockey.com

    ReplyDelete